Medicine Ball Push/Catch (A)
Targets shoulders, triceps, abs, glutes, legs
- Stand with feet a little more than shoulder-width apart, medicine ball on the floor in front of feet.
- Squat, keeping knees behind toes, and grab ball with both hands.
Medicine Ball Push/Catch (B)
- As you lift out of squat, toss ball about 3 feet into the air.
- Catch ball and immediately lower into another squat; touch ball to floor.
- Do 10 reps.
Medicine Ball Tap
Targets arms, obliques, abs
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, abs engaged and back about 2 feet away from a wall, holding ball with arms extended at chest height in front of you.
- Bend arms slightly and rotate torso to right until ball taps wall behind you.
- Rotate back through center and to left; tap wall with ball.
- Do 15 reps, alternating sides.
Medicine Ball Swing
Targets upper back, arms, abs
- Stand with feet a little more than shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, holding ball.
- Squat, swinging ball between legs behind you, then immediately stand and swing ball up in front of body and directly overhead.
- Do 20 reps.
Triceps Extension/Squat (A)
Targets triceps, abs, glutes
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, holding ball overhead.
- Squat, keeping knees behind toes, while bending elbows behind you, keeping arms by ears.
Triceps Extension/Squat (B)
- Stand up as you raise ball back overhead.
- Do 15 reps.
Lying Leg Raise
Targets abs, lower back, hips
- Lie faceup on floor with legs together and extended, holding ball with both hands, arms extended overhead with elbows next to ears.
- Engage abs and lift both legs straight up toward ceiling.
- Slowly lower legs, keeping them straight and together, until about 12 inches away from floor; lift back up.
- Do 20 reps.
Courtesy of fitnessmagazine.com