Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Books in Review

Moosewood Restaurant Cooks At Home
So you think vegetarian cooking is too complicated and time-consuming? Here's a cookbook for you. Most of the 150-plus recipes take 30 minutes or less to create. The book also includes an invaluable list of ingredients to have in the pantry, a glossary of ingredients, plus sections on how to cook grains, pasta, vegetables and beans.

Helpful hints are also included to make future cooking easier. Brown rice, for example, keeps for a week in the refrigerator or a couple of months in the freezer. Use the leftover rice in stir-frys, stews or bean dishes.

Enjoy recipes like:
Black Bean Soup, Spicy Peanut Dip, Corn Scones, Easy Refritos, Greek-Style Cannelini and Vegetables, Pan Bagnat and more!

This book is a great investment for vegetarian who wants to whip up a delicious quick meal in the comfort of their own home. Enjoy!

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds like a great cookbook!

Farrah said...

I don't know, I just got the image of hunting when I saw the word moose which made me think it was a meaty book. Not that I'd eat moose, I try not to eat animals that have had their own cartoon shows.

Lizzie M. said...

I love the black bean soup!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin