Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Remember..........

.........that fateful day: 9/11/01



I still remember waking up to my friends phone call telling me about the planes crashing into the Twin Towers. I ran in and flipped on the news and saw the smoke coming out of the buildings and it felt like the world was ending. I remember feeling so scared for the safety of my family. I sat there just crying watching the bodies fall out of the sky trying to escape the flames.

2,973 innocent people lost their lives that day and we will NEVER forget! In that total:

246 on the four planes, 2602 in New York City in the towers and on the ground, and 125 at the Pentagon.

Among the fatalities were 343 New York City Fire Department firefighters, 23 New York City Police Department officers, and 37 Port Authority police officers.

Thank you to all of our troops who continue to fight and risk their lives to keep us safe so the terrorists do not attack us here again. We love you for the service you give to your country and all of it's citizens. God Bless America!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin