Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Favorite Breakfast



Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I lift weights. After I'm done I like to eat a bit of lean protein with yummy veggies. My favorite way to do this is to make a veggie scramble. Here is my concoction:

1/2 to 2/3 cup chopped swiss chard or kale
1/2 cup small broccoli florets
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
4-5 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 oz shredded fat-free mozzarella
cooking spray

Spray a small, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Put all of the veggies in the skillet and let cook for about a minute. Add egg whites and stir, cooking until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese and cover. Remove from heat and let sit for about 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. Yummy!

P.S. For all the vegans out there, egg substitute and rice cheese would be a great replacement in this dish:)~

Click HERE for a printable version.

Nicole

1 comment:

Lizzie M. said...

I'll be trying that!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin