These are great for a fast lunch and pack well. They have a lot of flavor without the guilt! I use a whole grain wrap or a Flat Out Wrap.
* 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
* 2 stems fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stem and chopped
* 1 clove garlic
* Extra virgin olive oil
* Black pepper to taste
* 2 firm vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
* 1/4 seedless cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
* 1/4 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
* Handful pitted kalamata olives
* Handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 1/4 lb. mixed greens
* Juice of 1 lemon
* Coarse salt to taste
* 4 large pita breads, flour tortilla wraps or flavored wraps
* 1/4 lb. feta cheese, crumbled (optional if you are vegan)
1. Combine beans, rosemary, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth.
2. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olives, parsley, greens and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Combine well.
3. Warm pitas or wraps in oven or on a griddle pan. Spread pitas with a generous dose of white bean hummus. Top with a layer of Greek salad mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese, and roll. Wrap lower half of wraps with foil or waxed paper to keep them together while you eat your way down.
Per serving: Calories: 230, Protein: 7g, Total fat: 13g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 24g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 250mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugars: 3g
Adapted with permission from Rachael Ray 3 Minute Meals. Courtesy of Vegetarian Times.
Click HERE for a printable version.