Sunday, November 8, 2009

Raw Recipe of the Week- Kale Chips

Okay enough of my bikini body being at the top of the page!





I decided I would share my version of kale chips since I eat them on a very regular basis.

Step 1: Pull kale leaves from the stems into a little bigger than bite-size pieces. (They will shrink as they dry)

Step 2: Wash and dry leaves. I do this by placing my salad spinner bowl in an extra large bowl of water, it makes it so much easier. It's also great because I can water my plants with the wash water instead of dumping it down the drain : ) Then spin away!

Step 3: Make the sauce by putting these ingredients in the Vitamix:

1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup cashews that have been soaked for 8 hrs. and drained
1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
3-4 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. agave nectar

Blend these until smooth and creamy. Imagine the consistency of ranch dressing.

Step 4: Pour sauce over kale leaves in a big bowl and stir until the leaves are all well coated.

Step 5: Place on teflex sheets in the dehydrator and dry for about 8-10 hours at 108 degrees.

Step 6: Avoid eating them all at once off of the trays : )

Enjoy!

For a printable version click HERE.


Nicole

3 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Great recipe and congratulations on your success/progress! :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

LOVE the kale chips and love seeing your making-them-process. Fun!

Congrats on your chia winner too :)

I've got another contest coming up tomorrow you will like. It's Green & Eco Friendly!

Mindy said...

I'm excited to try this recipe- I've been encountering quiet a few recipes for kale chips lately- I need to try it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin