What is Clean Eating? Do you really know what is involved in becoming a clean eater? Do you even know where to start? Maybe, you're already a clean eater? If you have questions like these, I know where you can find the answers! The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged is Tosca Reno's latest publication and once again she has met and exceeded my expectations! Tosca is the leading expert in all things Clean! I guess that's to be expected since she's the one who came up with the idea. I'm sure you all know by now that one of my biggest inspirations is Tosca Reno. I read her original Eat-Clean Diet book when it first came out and it changed the way I felt about eating. I now own all of her cookbooks and just received a copy of her latest book The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged. Thanks to Rechelle from Bordeaux PR for sending it my way!
Many of you know that about 9 months ago I became Raw/ Vegan so my eating has drastically changed. I was curious to see if I could still apply the principles of clean eating to my new lifestyle. I curled up on the couch and devoured all of the information inside, anxious to see what new information I could learn. Guess what? I can totally apply these principles to my life! Tosca has outdone herself in this new, updated book! I'll let you know what I found for me personally in a minute, but first let me give you a breakdown of the book:
Chapter one covers the ins and outs of clean eating. What to do, what to avoid and what changes you can expect from this way of eating. Tosca has a full list of how to Eat Clean along with a list of foods that should be avoided. This is really helpful because what you may think is "good" for you may not be after all. I love step-by-step so this chapter is really useful to me.
Breakfast is a VERY important meal! To prove this point, Tosca has a whole chapter on it. That's right, a WHOLE chapter! Breakfast is important because it gets your metabolism going and keeps your blood sugar level so you don't start your day of in an energy slump.
Here are a few topics covered throughout the book:
- How to speed up your metabolism naturally
- The importance of water and the dangers of getting dehydrated
- How to shop at the grocery store
- Eating Clean on a budget
- Eating clean at home, at work or on the go
- How to make exercise a priority
- The realities of losing weight and it's effect on your body
- Superfoods, how to add them into your diet
- Solutions for people with hectic schedules
- Cooler Plans
- Family Meal Plan
- Gluten-Free Meal Plan
- Vegan Meal Plan
There are also 50 recipes in this book. I was excited to see that 50% of them were vegan and 75% of them were vegetarian. That was a big change from when I first started following the Clean Eating plan because there use to be a lot of animal protein. Animal protein is really hard for me personally to digest so I was excited with all of these new recipes that I could use for myself! Here are the recipe categories:
- Breakfast (4 are vegetarian and 1 of those is vegan)
- Appetizers (5 are vegetarian and 4 of those are vegan)
- Salads (5 are vegetarian and 3 of those are vegan)
- Soups & Stews (4 are vegetarian and 1 of those is vegan)
- Proteins (3 are vegetarian and 2 of those are vegan)
- Sides (5 are vegetarian and 2 of those are vegan)
- Complete Meals
- Desserts (6 are vegetarian and 3 of those are vegan)
There is also a FAQ section with answers to questions like:
- How long will it take until I see results?
- How many calories should I be eating each day?
- Any advice on how to eat while traveling?
- Do I have to cook to Eat Clean?
Overall, I was very impressed with how much information was crammed into this book. I know I learned more from reading it and I guarantee you that you will also.
I would LOVE for you to start the New Year off right and benefit from the information in this book so I am giving away one copy of this fabulous book! Yep, I'm so excited to give this to one of you, my dedicated readers!
To enter all you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog about why you would love this book. Also, if you have a question you would like to ask Tosca please leave it in the comment as well. I will be doing an interview with her later this month and would love your input! So, if you have a burning question that you've always wanted to ask Tosca, put it in your comment! I will randomly pick the lucky winner on February 1st.
Good luck all!!!!
Thanks again to Rechelle from Bordeaux PR!!