1 small seedless Sugar Baby watermelon, rind removed, cut into 3-inch chunks
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 lemon
3 ½ cups pink wine
6 cups of natural lemonade, chilled
3 fresh oranges (washed and peeled) quartered and sliced
- Place watermelon and citrus juices in the blender and blend until smooth. Strain through mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Add pink wine and lemonade. Stir to combine.
- Prepare two large pitchers by filling one-third with ice and layering the orange segments among the ice cubes. Pour sangria mixture into pitchers. Serve cold.
Bruschetta with Tomatoes
3 large tomatoes, chopped fine
¼ cup arugula, chopped fine
¼ chopped basil, chopped
4 ¼ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, passed through garlic press
½ tsp sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 loaf whole-grain French baguette, sliced into half-inch diagonal slices
- Combine all ingredients except bread two hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, toast bread in oven, toaster or on the grill.
- Spoon tomato mixture on top of toasted baguette slices. Enjoy!
3 pickling cucumbers, washed and trimmed, sliced thin
2 small zucchini, washed and trimmed, sliced thin
1 small purple onion, peeled and sliced thin
1 cup coconut meat chopped into ribbons
1 head romaine lettuce &1 bunch arugula washed and chopped
1 cup unsalted cashews
1 cup broccoli chopped
5 inner stalks of celery (leaves included) chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
1 cup sprouts
spritz of pumpkin or avocado oil
white balsamic vinegar
- Place all ingredients in a shallow salad bowl and toss until well combined.
- Dress with a spritz of pumpkin or olive oil and a splash of white balsamic vinegar. Toss lightly and serve.
Roasted Summer Vegetables with Couscous
2 purple onions, peeled and cut into chunks
3 yellow baby squash or zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch chunks
3 small leeks, white or tender green insides only, cut in half lengthwise washed well and cut into 2-inch chunks
4 small plum tomatoes
3 or 4 bell peppers in varying colors, seeded, deveined and quartered
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
several garlic cloves, passed through garlic press
1 tbsp dried thyme
5 sprigs rosemary, chopped fine
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Combine all vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, garlic, thyme and chopped rosemary.
- Mix well and arrange vegetables on prepared baking sheet. Lay a few sprigs of whole rosemary on top of vegetables and sprinkle salt over the top.
- Place in hot oven and roast for 20 minutes. Turn vegetables and continue roasting for 20 minutes until desired tenderness. Do not overcook.
- Serve vegetables over couscous on a decorative platter. Drizzle pan juices from vegetables over top.
2 ½ cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
1 cup whole-grain couscous
1 tsp sea salt
3 scallions trimmed and chopped
- Place couscous grains in a heatproof dish.
- Bring stock to boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour boiling stock over couscous. Cover with a plate. Let stand about 10 minutes to absorb stock.
- Fluff with a fork. Add chopped scallions and salt. Toss lightly to combine.
Main Dish: (Recipe requires overnight marinating time)
Grilled Shrimp Kebabs with Avocado & Ginger
Ingredients for Shrimp & marinade
Juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 orange
¼ cup light soy sauce
¼ cup avocado oil
3 garlic cloves press through garlic press
2 Tbsp agave nectar
2 tsp fresh ginger
1 tsp dried marjoram
16 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- Place all ingredients but shrimp in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat. Place in refrigerator overnight.
1 each red, green, yellow bell pepper, seeded and deveined cut into eighths
8 baby grape tomatoes washed and kept whole
2 small firm green zucchini, trimmed and cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
12 button mushrooms, cleaned and left whole
¼ cup avocado oil
- Preheat grill.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator.
- Using four long metal or soaked bamboo skewers, thread shrimp and vegetables, alternating colors and ingredients.
- Brush avocado oil on the kebabs. Place on grill and cook, turning frequently, until done.
Chocolate-Coated Frozen Bananas
4 medium bananas
4 oz. Good-quality chocolate, 70% cocoa or darker
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut butter
2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
8 bamboo skewers
- Stir chocolate and coconut butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat just until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, cut bananas in half and place a skewer lengthwise through the middle of each banana.
- Dip each banana 1/2 way up into chocolate mixture to coat. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and ginger. Chill in freezer until firm. Enjoy!
Eat Clean Diet Recharged and Eat Clean Cookbook.
Click HERE for a printer friendly version.