Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml amaranth flour
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml kamut flour
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml spelt flour
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp / 30 ml ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp / 15 ml baking powder
- 1-2 pinches of celtic sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups / 600 ml whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml best quality olive oil
- 1 cup / 240 ml warm water
1. Add all dry ingredients except the whole wheat flour into a large bowl.
2. Add 2 cups of whole wheat flour to the bowl and set the rest aside. Mix the dry ingredients together well.
3. Slowly pour olive oil into the bowl, using your clean hands to mix it into the dry ingredients.
4. Then slowly add water to the bowl, again using your hands to blend it.
5. Knead the dough until it is smooth and uniform. If your dough sticks to your palms, then you should knead a bit of whole wheat flour into the dough until it stops sticking. If your dough has cracks along the edges, then you should knead a bit of water into the dough until it is smooth.
6. Pull the dough apart into palm-sized pieces and roll these pieces into balls. Place the finished balls into a large bowl and cover them with a damp towel so they do not dry out.
These would be great with this or this, or maybe even this : )
Courtesy of The Eat Clean Diet Blog!