Thursday, October 4, 2012

Workouts in Review: 10 Pounds Down Cardio Abs


Okay, okay, don't let the name fool you! It sounds like an infomercial workout title doesn't it? Well, you'll be happy to know that 10 Pounds Down:Cardio Abs is not a campy or easy workout, it's great!  Get in, get out, just the way I like it!

I was searching for some quick kickboxing workouts because I am such a kickboxing fan and 122 workout DVD's just aren't enough;) I love Collage Video because they have clips of all the videos they carry and I love video clips! Anyways, I came across 10 Pounds Down and loved the look of it and that it was a kickboxing workout. I also liked that it could be a 28-minute workout, a 56-minute workout or even an 88-minute workout if I wanted it to be. Versatile? Yes mam!

This morning I did the Cardio Abs and Concentrated Abs sections. The workout ended up being 56-minutes and it was just perfect! I already feel my abs as well as my shoulders, yippee!! Here's how the workout breaks down:

Cardio Abs- 28 minutes
Total Body Abs Transformer- 28 minutes
Concentrated Abs- 28 minutes
Bonus Workout: Tummy Torching Tabata- 4 minutes

The Cardio Abs section is all cardio with lots of fun kickboxing moves that require your core to show up for. Oh, mine showed up all right!

The Total Body Abs Transformer section includes cardio as well as compound weight moves. This is great for the days you need to get it all in in a short amount of time. Think squats with dumbell curls and leg abductions, push ups with mountain climbers, lunges with rows, etc.

The Concentrated Abs section includes both standing and floorwork. I like that she incorporated some balance moves into this section because that always fires up the core!

The Tummy Torching Tabata section is a great add-on to any of the sections because you'll need to be warmed up before you do it. Lots of plyo, yippee!

I love the "set" in this workout. I love it because it's not a set!! It's filmed in a real group fitness room in a big city. I can't tell what city but there is an elevated train that runs by in the background which is cool. I also love that there is natural sunlight. I know these are little things but when you have to look at a screen and get motivated, real life is always better than a set, IMO.

I also am a fan of Jessica Smith. She is so beautiful and has a very motivating personality. I also like the fact that she used to weigh 40 pounds more than she does now and lost it. I feel like if you've lived through weight issues you have more empathy for people who are trying to lose weight and you are better equipped to help them do the same.

I also bought her 10 Pounds Down Better Body Blast. I'll let you know what I think of that one after I do it.

Try it, you won't regret it!

Nicole

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin