Saturday, March 7, 2009

Workouts in Review- ChaLEAN Extreme Review (update#2)


Well, I've just finished month 2 of Chalean Extreme. The Push Phase is serious work! You push for failure by the 8th rep. I didn't know I could lift this much while having great form. I have 5 lb.- 25 lb. dumbells and I could use heavier ones for sure. 

In the Push Phase you work one body part at a time as opposed to the Burn Phase where you work upper and lower body at the same time. I enjoy working one body part at a time because I focus better. By the end of the month I was lifting the same if not heavier than Chalene. I increased my weight on most exercises by 25% which is great! Don't be afraid of the heavy weights!

One snag....or maybe two, my sister and her family came for a 2 week visit and Cadbury has solid milk chocolate eggs out for Easter. Cursed little things are bad, bad, bad. I sure noticed it when I did my measurements at the end of the Push Phase. All around I was the same as last month. I did do all of my workouts and ate well most of the time. I have found over years and years of doing this that I have to be spot on all of the time with my food or it all falls apart. Clean Eating is 80% of the solution and exercise is 20%. I cannot just workout and erase the bad food choices. Note to self, "Toss out the crap!" 

I guarantee that if I was 100% with my eating I would have been able to tell a difference in inches this month. I love these workouts and feel so much stronger. I can't wait to see what happens in the next and final phase.

On to the Lean Phase!!!

2 comments:

Lizzie M. said...

That darn company, coming in and messy everything up :-)!


Had a blast, even if you didn't change in inches......

Jennifer said...

I had not even heard of these videos so thanks for letting me know about them. 3 months-that is tough.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin