Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Raw Recipe of the Week: Crunchy Apple Cinnamon Cereal


I had been feeling really full after eating my Fabulous Raw Granola so I got creative again and invented this fast digesting buckwheat groat cereal. Enjoy!

Serves 10

Ingredients:

2 cups buckwheat groats, sprouted
1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut, optional
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and chopped fine
5 Tbs. agave nectar
2 Tbs. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon or more if you like


I just put all of the ingredients together into a bowl and mixed. Place on Teflex sheets and dehydrate for 24 hours at 108 degrees. Enjoy!

Nutrients per serving:

235 calories
8 grams fat
6 grams protein

Click HERE for a printable version.

Nicole

5 comments:

Ingrid said...

I could go for some of this for breakfast. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Lizzie M. said...

That sounds really good, my kids would scarf it down!!!

Kristen's Raw said...

Sounds fabulous!!! :)

Coby said...

This sounds so good! Do I need a special dehydrator for it, or do you think I could do it in the oven for a couple of hours? Your doing so great with the raw lifestyle - I really admire your perseverance!

TheFitnessFreak said...

You could do it at a low temp in the oven until it gets crispy. Thanks Coby!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin