Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 - 15 minutes
- 3 Tbsp / 45 ml best-quality olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp / 22 ml balsamic vinegar
- Juice of one fresh lime
- 1 tsp / 5 ml chili powder
- 1/2 tsp / 2 1/2 ml paprika
- 1 large onion, chopped into thick pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 tsp / 5 ml cayenne pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb / 454 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch / 4-cm pieces
NOTE: Use pork, beef or bison tenderloin, or turkey as alternative kabob meats. A sturdy, meaty fish such as salmon works well
1. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and lime juice. Season with chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and pressed garlic.
2. Place the chicken in a shallow baking dish with the sauce and stir to coat.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with chopped onion pieces. Discard the marinade.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewers for 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
TOSCA'S TIP: When grilling kabobs, group foods with similar cooking times. Cut meats, veggies or fruit into a uniform size: 1 1/2 inches / 4 cm works well.
Nutritional Value for One Kabob:
Calories: 186 Calories from Fat: 75 Total Fat: 8.5 g Saturated Fat: 1 g
Total Carbs: 6 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 25 g Sodium: 334 mg Cholesterol: 61 mg
Courtesy of the The Eat-Clean Diet for Men™.
Click HERE for a printable version.