Friday, August 21, 2009

Raw Recipe of the Week #2: Chocolate Crunch Hazelnut Macaroons


I found this recipe last week on my blogger friend Kristen's site. I might just have to smack her for posting it because they are so addictive, easy and fabulous!;) Thanks so much for letting me post this Kristen, you are a daily inspiration!

I would wait until next week to post it but I promised a few friends I would put it up. It doesn't matter if you're Raw, vegan or SAD, these are a great treat! Enjoy!

By Kristen Suzanne of KristensRaw.com



1 cup hazelnuts*

1 cup raw chocolate powder

1 cup dried coconut, shredded & unsweetened

1/2- 3/4 cup raw agave nectar

2/3 cup coconut butter

1/2 cup raw cacao nibs

3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon Himalayan crystal salt


Using a food processor, fitted with the “S” blade, grind the hazelnuts to a fairly medium/fine grind. Transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir all the ingredients together well by hand, or use a mixer with a paddle attachment to make it easier.

Use a tablespoon measurement to spoon out the batter and place on a cookie sheet (I like using a tablespoon size ice cream scoop). Freeze for up to an hour and enjoy.

Yep, they're that easy!

*Kristen's favorite way to make these is with hazelnuts, but if you don't have those on hand, you could try other nuts or seeds.

Yield 35 macaroons(unless I make them;D)

Click HERE for a printable version.

Nicole

4 comments:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

Did you make these yet? I saw it when Kristin posted them but I dont keep alot of the ingredients on hand (i.e. 1 cup! of raw chocolate powder$$ and the 1/2 c raw cocoa nibs) or the dried coconut. If one is relying on Whole Foods, that's like about $50 worth of ingredients and sadly, I have not placed an online order lately but need to....

LMK if you made these and how they turned out!

TheFitnessFreak said...

I did make them and they are delicious! I've actually made them twice now:) I have all of the ingredients in my pantry since I'm 100% Raw. I get them online from various sources, whichever is cheaper at the time. The best go to sites:
www.therawfoodworld.com
http://rawfusionstore.us/
www.amazon.com

Joanna Steven said...

I've been meaning to try these for quite a while, maybe I'll make them this week :)
Love your blog!

TheFitnessFreak said...

Thanks Joanna! You will love these! It makes quite a few and I just keep them in the freezer and pull one out if I need a little guilty pleasure:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin