Thursday, August 20, 2009

Raw Recipe of the Week: Raw Coleslaw


I got this recipe from my local co-op. It is the BEST raw coleslaw I've had. I think the addition of the dill is really what makes this recipe pop!

Ingredients:

1/2 pound green cabbage, sliced thin
1/2 pound red cabbage, sliced thin
1-1/4 cups carrots, grated
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced (I don't use these)

3/4 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for an hour and drained
4 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbsp. nama shoyu (raw soy sauce)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. fresh oregano, minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Place cabbage, carrots, and green onion in a large bowl. Place the rest of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over vegetables and mix well. Yep, it's that easy! :)

Click HERE for a printable version.

Nicole

2 comments:

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

I don't know how you feel about Vegan-aise the vegan mayo (not raw, and does have soy) but I make coleslaw using it all the time for my hubby with all my CSA cabbage.

Basically take veganaise, cut it with some apple cider vinegar and to add sweetness to make it cole-slaw'ey, add some sugar, stevia, agave, etc. Pour over the cabbage. Voila, done.

Thanks for always sayin hi on my blog, it means alot :)

TheFitnessFreak said...

Before I went Raw I actually preferred veganaise over any other mayonnaise I use to eat. I'm sure come winter I'll convert to 75% Raw and 25% vegan cooked and work it back in here and there. I know this lifestyle will be harder when it's cold. Not that it really gets cold here:)

Of course, I love reading your blog:) Always great inspiration and makes me want to do yoga more than twice a week! Glad you hang out in my bipolar blog too. I flitter between Raw posts, clean eating and working out. My three loves:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin