- 8 oz dry whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp unsalted pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp capers, optional
ONE: Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
TWO: In a small saucepan, combine broth, lemon juice and tomatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 more minutes or until mixture reduces to 3/4 cup.
THREE: In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, broth mixture, lemon zest, salt and pepper flakes, tossing well. Top with parsley and pine nuts; serve immediately.
Nutrients per 1-cup serving:
Calories: 264, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 44 g, Fiber: 9 g, Sugars: 7 g,
Protein: 11 g, Sodium: 384 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe and photo by Alison Lewis
Courtesy of Clean Eating Magazine.