Saturday, July 3, 2010

Insanity: Day 6- Plyometric Cardio Circuit.....again



So, second time through and I felt a little better but my shoulders still did not like the plank drills in section 2. I know they'll get stronger I just hope it's before I move on to Month 2.

Since I already reviewed this workout I thought I would break down one section at a time every time I do the workout. Today I'll break down the warm-up for you. The warm-up consists of 3 repeating rounds with each exercise running about 30 seconds each. As you begin each round again the speed picks up considerably until the 3rd jog is an all out sprint. Here are the exercises:

Jog
Jumping Jacks
Heisman
1-2-3 Heisman
Butt Kicks
High Knees
Mummy Kicks

After you repeating each round 3 times you get a 30-second water break before the stretch. The 7-minute stretch is very basic but works well as I have not been sore aside from slightly sore calves and shoulders.

I hope to improve more over the next month. This workout appears 7 times this month so I'll have some time to improve : )

I want to hear from all of you, are you enjoying the break-down of the workouts or is just a quick synopsis okay? Are any of you doing Insanity right now? Do any of you want to do Insanity now after the reviews? Let me know!

Nicole

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think posting reviews is a great idea. Thank you. :)

Is this program super expensive? I am thinking they might have it used on Ebay.

TheFitnessFreak said...

It's $150 on their site Tammy. Totally worth the investment because if you have any problems with it you can contact Beachbody. They do have it used on eBay but it's usually not that much cheaper. Check and see. Good luck!

Nicole

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin