Thursday, August 5, 2010

Insanity: Month 2, Day 3- Max Cardio Conditioning


I was lost in chore land yesterday so I didn't get a chance to talk about my workout. It was Day 3 of Insanity which meant Max Cardio Conditioning was the workout of the day. I really enjoyed this workout! As I have said before, I am not a fan of repeating workouts. I prefer every move to be a new move instead of doing the same move a couple of times. I have been glad that although Insanity has repeating circuits, it hasn't bugged me at all.

I have not been sleeping well and it's starting to show in my workouts. The good news is that I'll be showing major improvement by the end of the month if I start getting some good sleep. Note to self and others, GET GOOD SLEEP!

Max Cardio Conditioning is a 48-minute endurance workout. If you are looking for several water breaks during the workout, you're out of luck with this one. There is 28-minutes of pure cardio in this little jewel and I was begging for a break at the end. I made it through though and it felt SO good!

Here is the warm-up breakdown:

Rounds 1 & 2 (4 minutes)

Jog
Straight Arm Jacks
Jump Rope S-S
High Knees- Arms Out
Switch Knees
Hit the Floor
S-S Floor Hops

Round 3 (1-1/2 minutes)

Sprint
Jumping Jacks
Heisman
1-2-3 Heisman
High Knees

The warm-up is followed by a 30-second water break, a 5-minute stretch and another 30-second water break.

Coming up next, Max Recovery, or is it?

Nicole

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Way to make it through it! It's tough, but a fun one! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin