Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Daily Nutrition Must-Haves

I know this is a fitness blog but I would be doing you a disservice if I didn't mention the importance of your diet. Diet does about 80% of the work and workouts have a 20% impact on your physique. I learned that long ago from Tosca Reno and I know from experience that it's true. I can gain weight easily, even when I'm working out 6 days a week if my diet isn't spot on.

Everyday I have my staple foods that are always found in my kitchen and they make keeping my eating on track so much easier. I know I've told you in the past about my food choices but I haven't updated you all in a while. I am still a Vegan but have added a few bread products into my diet that don't seem to bother my finicky digestion. I do not eat gluten so you may be surprised to here me say that bread is on the menu. The two products I added are sprouted and do not have wheat gluten added like most sprouted bread products. For those of you who don't have Trader Joe's I apologize in advance...

Must Have #1: TJ's Organic Flourless Sprouted Bread

 I love this bread toasted with some almond butter and all-fruit jam. Yum!


Must Have #2: Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Flourless Sprouted English Muffins

A little Earth Balance on one of these and I'm a happy camper!


Must Have #3, 4 & 5:TJ's Almond Milk, Rainbow Light Vanilla Protein Energizer & Green Juice

Every morning I wake up and have my green juice straight away. I use a large bunch of parsley, a few stalks of celery and a couple carrots so I can get it down. This is a non-negotiable habit! I wait about 20-60 minutes, I workout and then I have my yummy protein drink. I really don't get too frilly with it, just the almond milk and protein powder in the blender, whirl and drink. Anyone can do that : ) The best part is that I buy it through Amazon with Subscribe & Save and it is really inexpensive.

Must Have #6: Goddess Dressing:

I am a huge salad fan during the summer! I chop up some lettuce, add every vegetable I have along with a pile of black beans and top it with a little Goddess Dressing. Delicious!

So, those are a few of my must-haves, I hope you can enjoy some of them where you are! Do you have any "must-haves"? If you have any of the ones I mentioned let me know what you think.

Nicole

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh how i wish we had a tj's! is that flourless bread GF too?

TheFitnessFreak said...

It doesn't say gluten-free but I've read several places that when a grain is sprouted it becomes a vegetable and the gluten is then gone. I haven't had an issue digesting it at all so it must be okay : )

Nicole

Lizzie M. said...

Must have some dark chocolate too....
:-)

Unknown said...

Love Ezekial bread!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin