My garden has a ton of tomatoes, zucchini and basil so I came up with this quick, yummy meal to use it up. It is so fresh tasting and my whole family loves it!
- 10 oz whole-wheat or brown rice pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced or 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 zucchini (preferably 1 green and 1 gold) halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 lb tomatoes cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a large skillet or sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden. Turn heat down to medium, add garlic and cook about 30 seconds. Add zucchini and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in basil.
Divide pasta among 4 serving bowls. Top with sauce, dividing evenly, and serve.
Click HERE for a printable version.