My boys are big fans of finger foods. Lucky for me, there are great Clean Eating finger foods! Here's one of their faves : )
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken breast cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Set a wire rack on the baking sheet.Place baking sheet with rack in the oven while it preheats.
- Place almonds, flour, paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper in a food processor; process until the almonds are finely chopped and the paprika is mixed throughout, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in oil; process until combined. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish.
- Whisk egg whites in a second shallow dish. Add chicken tenders and turn to coat. Transfer each tender to the almond mixture; turn to coat evenly. (Discard any remaining egg white and almond mixture.) Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and coat with cooking spray; place the tenders on the prepared rack and lightly coat tenders with cooking spray, turn and spray the other side.
- Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
NutritionPer serving (serves 4) :
Fat 4 g
Carbohydrates 4 g
Protein 27 g